Official BF Editor Forums
[EoD]Vic

Oh Man You Got To Check This Out!

Nice.

But isn't it illegal to use models from another game? Even altered?

Though I guess if its unrecongnizable then no one could tell . . .

Yes it is. This is just for myself. Not to be released to public. I'm just waiting until a WWII mod for bf2 comes out and I can plug my playermodels into it, and play single player.

Man, it has been a long wait too. Ya figure bf2 came out around July 2005 and here it is almost 2007, and I'm still waiting for a WWII mod for bf2 to come out.

Just gotta keep waiting.

And Im still waiting for a vietnam mod to come out.....

Hehe, ya got me. The fact of the matter is I have not done any EoD work in a few months. I have not quit the team, but I am inactive.

Ever since I started to work on my WWII stuff, I just can't stop. It's like a drug I just can't leave it alone. All my time and effort goes to it heh..........I'm hopelessly hooked.

Anyway, the Boys at EoD are doing a fine job and I think you'll like what they have done. They have made some of the best maps I have ever seen.

I'm lost in my own world now.

Looking awesome, Vic ! I have 2 suggestions for you :D

1. Make a Soldier tutorial out of one of your soldiers (preferably one of the ladies :P )

2. Join XWW2 :D We are continously looking for talented ppl to join us , hehehe

Hehe, my time is very limited. It's hard to find the time. You woulden't want me working on your mod mschoeldgen[Xww2]. I work for a while, then I go off on a tagent....heh. When something comes into my head, I got to start working on it and drop what I am doing (not a good mod team member).

Hey. Hurry up and get me a Normandy map. Make it a night one, make it swampy. Have a bunch of C47's flying around (that will be the US's only spawn points). Have the Germans guarding bridges and road junctions. Also give them a few anti-aircraft emplacements.(to shoot at all the C47s flying around)

Man that would be soooooooo cool!!

Hehhe just kidding about the hurry up LOL. not really (yes I am kidding)

101st AirBorne with M1 carbine (gotta make the folding stock version next)

101stcarbine.jpg

101st45.jpg

I work for a while, then I go off on a tagent....heh. When something comes into my head, I got to start working on it and drop what I am doing (not a good mod team member).

Funnily enough, that's the sort of person I am looking for for my mod. People who just wanted to do bits here and there that took their fancy, rather than working to a complete schedule. Contributors, rather than team members.

My mod doesn't have a theme, all the maps are going to be different, and just for fun. WIP at the moment is a racing map, but the next could be tanks in the gulf, or bi-planes in WWI, or whatever.

So if you have one off ideas, or things you've made that don't fit in. Give me a shout.

Aw ra best

Shade

On man! Dr. Morell (Der Reichsspritzenmeister) Gave Hitler a big'ol shot of crystal meth, he got the nerve and energy to come out of the bunker and fight!........haha LOL.

hit1.jpg

hit2.jpg

mschoeldged posted a topic with all the hierarchies you need. Basically you have a skeleton for every geom, the root bone being under a point helper named ske:root_skeleton or ske:my_skel (not sure about namign conventions but im sure the first one works. Atleast it exports :)). Then for every lod, you put a pointhleper under the lod also named ske:root_ (again I think it may differ, but not sure (keep atleast the ske: part, avoids confusion aswell)) and put your meshes under it, and then skin. I thinkBrown posted a tutorial for it too

Skin morph modifiers ? If you're talking about skin modifiers - yes, they are used to weight the soldiers vertices to the skeleton. I really hope Vic will create a tutorial by using his 'soldier assembly line ' for good :D

Its too bad he's not allowed to release a mod with all the new soldiers but making a tutorial using them would be cool :P