Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arcalane

Amphibious Apcs Part 2

Not sure if anyone noticed this in the Amphibious APCs thread, but I also need a hand with making some water displacement effects for when the APCs are travelling through the water and are amphibious.

Ideally what I want is effects like so;

watereffects3hh.png

Imagine the object on the left is the Groundhog, and the object on the right is the Romanov. The blue lines are the kind of water effect I want here. Displacement lines and whatnot.

(I made that image in about 30 seconds using MS Paint. I don't care if it looks crap, it gets the general gist of the idea across, no? :P)

Gee, does BF2142 have ANY boats in the game ? if that is the case , you could use the e_wake effect as its done in the other boat. If there's no wake effect in the whole game, you should create one, using the one from BF2 as a template.

Sadly not. The only wake effects I can find are those used in the infantry when they're swimming. :(

Well, not bad :P Clone that effect, rename it and blow up scale and sizes . When you plan to have more water vehicles in the mod , you'll need that effect anyway :D

The effect you are looking for is:

e_amphib_wake

Add two of these to your object.

-set one at the front end of your PCO with no rotaional data

-set one at the back end of your PCO with a -180/0/0 rotation

This will add the effect of a wake when moving forwards or in reverse. This will not add a wake effect in your second picture, only the first one.

Well, the original author of his thread claimed that there is no wake effect in BF2142, as there are no boats in this game. So i encouraged him to clone the 'e_soldier_swim' wake effect and blow that up to create a replacement for the BF2 'e_amphib_wake' effect :D

Well, the original author of his thread claimed that there is no wake effect in BF2142, as there are no boats in this game. So i encouraged him to clone the 'e_soldier_swim' wake effect and blow that up to create a replacement for the BF2 'e_amphib_wake' effect :D
but he could just copy 'e_amphib_wake' from bf2 and dump it into his bf2142 mod :P

unless he doesn't have bf2 D:

but I don't think the editor can work properly without it so I'm sure he has access to 'e_amphib_wake'