Official BF Editor Forums
jeffreyrichey

Working With 2142 In The Editor

Ok, I took a look. In game and in the editor with it unpacked. I CAN NOT find any reason whatsoever why your spawn points are not showing up. On that note keep in mind the game dosn't like it spawn points or flags near the edge of the map for some reason. You can't even drop arte or supply crates near the edge of the map. However I remember that I had a similiar problem before with the spanw not showing up. To rectify I just made a new map until I got one that worked. Its weird but the second map I made worked.

Whats wrong with TPaint? Other than you have to close and reload the editor to use it (being that 2142 takes forever to load it is a hassel..

I can never get it to work!!!!!!! If u want me to give u a map and have u use Tpaint on it please do. I can never get it to work right. Also can u check my texture issue in the main 2142 discussion area? Thanks.

I can never get it to work!!!!!!! If u want me to give u a map and have u use Tpaint on it please do. I can never get it to work right. Also can u check my texture issue in the main 2142 discussion area? Thanks.

1) Copy the "bf2142" folder into your BF2 mods folder

2) Extract all the zips into correlating files, I.E. extract common_client and common_server into a folder or w/e called "common" etc.

3) Go in the editor, select "bf2142" and wait a long time for it to load. Go to mod manager or w/e and select all the files like "staticobjects" and all that, and click OK, like in regular bf2

4) Make a new map, name it what you want.

5) When you're ready to add objects, go to the init.con of your map, and then open the init.con of a stock bf2142 map

6) Copy and paste this portion into your map's init.con

rem ------------------------------- LevelSettings -------------------------------
rem -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

gameLogic.setTeamName 1 "Pac"
gameLogic.setTeamName 2 "EU"

gameLogic.setTeamLanguage 1 "Russian"
gameLogic.setTeamLanguage 2 "English"

gameLogic.setTeamFlag 0 "flag_neutral"
gameLogic.setTeamFlag 1 "flag_Pac"
gameLogic.setTeamFlag 2 "flag_EU"

gameLogic.setKit 1 0 "Pac_Recon" "pac_light_soldier" "pac_heavy_soldier"
gameLogic.setKit 2 0 "EU_Recon" "us_light_soldier" "us_heavy_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 1 1 "Pac_Assault" "pac_light_soldier" "pac_heavy_soldier"
gameLogic.setKit 2 1 "EU_Assault" "us_light_soldier" "us_heavy_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 1 2 "Pac_Anti-Vehicle" "pac_light_soldier" "pac_heavy_soldier"
gameLogic.setKit 2 2 "EU_Anti-Vehicle" "us_light_soldier" "us_heavy_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 1 3 "Pac_Support" "pac_light_soldier" "pac_heavy_soldier"
gameLogic.setKit 2 3 "EU_Support" "us_light_soldier" "us_heavy_soldier"

rem -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

7) Set your map's init.con file to READ ONLY after saving

8) YOUR DONE WITH SETTING IT UP except for the obvious objects and all that

Im having real problems getting my spawn map to appear, im getting neither the map itself or the control points to click. Ive renamed the minimap.dds in the Editor folder and placed it in the HUD/Minimap folder in the server.zip but im still getting nothing.

Can anyone help me?

Edited by Naga

Right this happens to me on occassion its really annoying. Go into the editor and redo your minimap. Do all your normal stuff to get it working etc. until its finally working. Also make sure you have your gameplayobjects.con in your gamemodes folder