Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dgroovy

In Game Map

I followed every step i know to make a BF2142 map. I've got the point of starting the game..........that's where the problem beggin. The in game map where you choose where to spawn is grey and it's written default in_game map at the top and the bottom....so i can't choose a spawn point anywhere...please someone help me with this!!!

What ?

when you have showed the minimap in the editor, you have a minimap.dds in your map/editor folder, copy it to

your map/hud/minimap and rename it to ingameMap.dds

Oh yeh, the size is different then in bf2, it needs to be 2048x2048 if i'm not mistaking.

Edited by Sir.Darthmaster

Which items? only items you wouldnt be able to load in editor are vehicles, which dont get renderer onto the minimap any way.

Oh yeh, the size is different then in bf2, it needs to be 2048x2048 if i'm not mistaking.

Not related to this, but you're best off having 2048x2048 ingame maps in bf2 as well, looks so much nicer than the 512x512 that most people use.

What's weird is I don't even see an option to set it to 512. My ingameMap defaulted to 2048 and I left it that way because you can zoom in to it.

I think PPlunder means importing your 2048x2048 minimap into pshop... and resizing down to 512x512...

2048x2048 is 16mb... lol... 512x512 or 1024x1024 are a lot smaller... I guess you could lower the quality on the 2048x2048 to save file size... 2048 looks better and zooms better as u know.,..

When you resave your editor ingamemap as a dds dxt 1 no alpha in PS it cuts the file size right down anyway. Always worth doing that. For some reason people used to say that you should resize your ingamemap to 512x512 for BF2, its was a widely held fallacy that seemed to proliferate... you don't.