Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OLEG-RUSSIA

Bf2142editor?when It Comes Out?

Hi all i wait everyday for BF2142 editor because then i can generate my mod on it,but i have some info here from some guys that it will not be coming out,is it true?

If not can somebody answer me when it comes out pls. :rolleyes:

Edited by OLEG-RUSSIA

if they dont release an editor for bf2142 soon ill be throwing out all my dice and ea games cd's,they added some features to bf2142 that were missing from bf2 for our sake,so we could mod it,now why not release the editor?...hmmmm...finger points at you dice/ea..."evil monkey!"...lol

When 2142 editor comes out, pigs will fly. Maybe it's better to concentrate on BF2 since it's played more.

This may be propaganda but I'm going to "pack my bags" when ET:QW/or something better is out

I think EA is missing the boat on releasing the 2142 editor... there are other games like QW and Crysis being released soon... they seem to understand the importance of modding support... I wonder if EA is a rudderless ship or that they purposely try to prevent modding...? Oh well life goes on... Empires rise and fall... what it really comes down to is that i'm almost out of beer... it's all about priorities...

DONT WAIT FOR 2142 EDITOR, When this editor will be released soon :P....

Crysis FTW!

Edited by Bensta-IDF

Ive just reserved the demo on fileplanet :lol: Anyway this is going a littl off topic :P

Edited by Bensta-IDF

Ive just reserved the demo on fileplanet :lol: Anyway this is going a littl off topic :P

Im confused how you reserve a demo :P

Crysis kinda has a little downside, you need Windows Vista because it requires DirectX10, problem with DirectX10, no video card yet supports it correctly.

Crysis isn't really anything special though, most of it can be done in Unreal Engine(you can make maps that are hundreds times the size of bf2 :P) and Source engine, its just that the Crysis devs put alot more work on content. (Shit in crysis is only destroyable because the devs took the time to rig all the statics to fall apart into the separate pieces they are made of)

as i understand it, crysis supports but does not require dx10.

releasing a dx10-only game so soon would be commercial suicide.

i wouldn't hold my breath about crysis mod support either. last time around they spent one year making empty promises and then released a unusably buggy editor (tho to their credit, they released a lot of source code, and their rigging scenes*.)

* something that dice specifically promised time and again but never delivered.

Crysis is super game , when i saw Far cry for first time i was crazy about it and next day has buy Far cry, but now i see Crysis and wait for this game everyday , it`s best game in the world now.

You'll run into the same BS modding Crysis as you do with BF, you can't honestly think otherwise. There's still set-up and scripting and formating and the whole learning curve of starting on a new engine. Then smack yourself over the head with the cold hard truth that EA is leeching off of Crysis as they are BF and you're once again in the same boat. Crysis is awesome by anybody's standards, but I doubt it will be very modder friendly.

The real ticket here, kids, is to go out there and get yourselves into one of the new raw engines that are selling for well below what anybody would call reasonable. Torque, C4, there's plenty more. Stop modding, it's a go-nowhere, no-reward, never-ending slide down Shit Hill.

You'll run into the same BS modding Crysis as you do with BF, you can't honestly think otherwise. There's still set-up and scripting and formating and the whole learning curve of starting on a new engine. Then smack yourself over the head with the cold hard truth that EA is leeching off of Crysis as they are BF and you're once again in the same boat. Crysis is awesome by anybody's standards, but I doubt it will be very modder friendly.

The real ticket here, kids, is to go out there and get yourselves into one of the new raw engines that are selling for well below what anybody would call reasonable. Torque, C4, there's plenty more. Stop modding, it's a go-nowhere, no-reward, never-ending slide down Shit Hill.

Unreal engine modding aint that bad, plenty of docs and tools released by the devs, the make something unreal contest is a plus, the advantage of being able to use a unreal mod to get a job for a company using the engine to make a game also is a plus :P

Those new raw engines tend to be bulky and so attemptive and doing something new it actually makes things worse(torque script language just so lacking because they tried to "innovate"

Stop modding, it's a go-nowhere, no-reward, never-ending slide down Shit Hill.

Lol, i think most of those first need to go down Shit Hill, like you said, for about 3 years to discover that.

You started modding on bf1942, right?

I will not be stoping modding , because i like it, only sit and play games on pc is not cool i like to mod everything what i like, and i am sure that i wil mod Crysis when it comes out, my friend has asked to Crytek guys how much is the price of Crysis engine they told him as he said me something about 700,000 euro . :P

i started to make one then everyone was like "tahts pointless" dice will make on.??? not

I think NadeMaster was really talking to DICE Clay, who was talking about his agent, not an editor, and he was refering to the closet, not a release date.