Photo

Here is a Custom Loading Music Tutorial.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 macktheknife

macktheknife

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:51 PM

CUSTOM MAP LOADING MUSIC TUTORIAL

Here is a short tutorial on giving your level custom loading music. I decided to do this after trying to piece together what to do from half a dozen seperate threads, looking to make it all work, it took me a bit of time.

Here it is. This works for regular bf2 maps, and will also work for mods.

Tools Needed:
BF2_Sound_Tools.zip (Hosted by [eod]RoadRunner). There is a very specific file type used for the .ogg files for BF2, this is the only thing easily avalible that will encode the file properly. If a file is not encoded properly, it simply will not work and the load music will be silent.

NEW LINK JAN 2012
http://www.gamefront...Sound Tools.rar

A sound editor to save your original sound to a Wav File. I use audacity for this, a very powerfull and well featured sound editing suite, yet it is completely freeware.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

------------------
1) Download the tools, install Audacity and extract the BF2_sound_Tools.

2) Downloadget your basic sound. It can be in any format your sound editor can edit and re-format, but MP3 is pretty easy. It should probably be about 3 minutes long.

3) Open your Mp3Original file in your sound editor (I am using audacity). Edit it if required.
ExportSave as a 44100 16bit WAV file. Audacity automatically exports WAV Files in this format. A good name would be "Map_Load_Music" or something similar.

4) Place this in the BF2_sound_tools folder.

5) Drag the sound file over the OGGENC file. It will create a Ogg file with the correct settings for BF2 usage.
Posted Image

6) Create a Music folder in your Map folder eg X:BF2modsbf2LevelsYour_New_MapMusic
Posted Image

7) CopyMove the ogg file created that is in the bf2_sound_tools folder to inside the music folder.

8} Open You_New_Map.DESC file inside the info folder for your map eg: X:BF2modsbf2LevelsYour_New_MapInfo

MAKE SURE YOU USE NOTEPAD. If you use Word or something else you will almost certainly ruin your info file.

9) Change common/sound/menu/music/load_MEC_music.ogg to levels/Your_New_Map/music/Map_Load_Music.ogg

There is a space after and before the music tags, so just replace the actual writing only.
Posted Image

That should be it.

If it does not work, but you have followed the tutorial and used the correct tools, the most likey problem is you have typed the wrong location in the info.desc file.

If you remember not to delete the folder before you pack your map, it will be added to the client.zip and will work after the map is packed.

One final thing:

There are people interested in copyrights *cough*RIAA*cough* try not to anger them. I know that especially in Australia, where the main players are offshoots/departments of big corporationsISP, many will not add a map to a server if it has copyrighted music.

Edited by Catbox, 26 January 2012 - 07:55 AM.

#2 Khrimson

Khrimson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:11 PM

Thanks.

#3 annerajb[Bfs]

annerajb[Bfs]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:32 PM

good tut.

#4 [IDF]SPYKER

[IDF]SPYKER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:06 AM

wow,

really great tutorial!

• Guests

Posted 13 October 2005 - 11:53 AM

Thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks.......... you the man....... much appreciated especially getting all the evidence together..... thanks again... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#6 soulseeker

soulseeker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 11:56 AM

That was me by the way.... too excited to log in...lol!

#7 [7th]Snake

[7th]Snake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:00 PM

This is a great tutorial that is well written and easy to follow.

In less than 5 minutes including download and install, I was able to start a map with music of my choice.

Thanks for the tutorial!

#8 =CC=Serpentor

=CC=Serpentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:19 PM

Thats great, man. It will take me longer to decide on a song than it will to impliment it. :P

#9 Cobra[AJO]

Cobra[AJO]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:29 AM

Wow, Awesome Tut, thanks.

#10 macktheknife

macktheknife

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 09:42 AM

Thanks guys, I hope the 2 hours I took to get the solution, and the 25 mins or so to write the tut (include the screenies etc), gives you time to spend on making the maps more awesome.

#11 squopher8x9x8x7

squopher8x9x8x7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:42 AM

thnks bro it works great now good work!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#12 Basoar

Basoar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:BF2

Posted 05 May 2006 - 03:54 AM

Great tutorial and everything, the load music was giving me so much trouble and your tutorial made it a breeze

:D Thanks Again :D
Posted Image

Go to the Head Hunters INC. Website at www.freewebs.com/theheadhuntersinc

#13 Jabitinski

Jabitinski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:54 AM

Excellent work :D I'm very new to map map making and all the info I've found here so far is extrodinary. I havent had to ask a question yet.... hope it stays that way, again great work on this fast, easy, and effective. keep up the great work on tuts everyone else too, its greatly appreciated.

#14 =FAE=Eurus

=FAE=Eurus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:02 PM

Good tutorial!

#15 caeno

caeno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:03 PM

Just out of curiosity, what is this so special format of .ogg BF2 needs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users